Now, whether I follow through with them or not is another thing. That is neither here nor there.
I bought a brand spanking new Passion Planner to plan out my year and goals. They have an undated planner that starts the week on a Monday that I ended up deciding on. Another fun fact about me. I love planners. I have been "researching" planners for the year 2016 since last August. Yep. Don't judge. This one seemed perfect for breaking down my goals for this year in a very organized fashion. Last week I started using it and am already in love.
Last year I was kinda in a funk and didn't make any goals for myself. I thrive off of making goals for myself. Literally. If I don't make goals for myself you will probably find me on the couch binge watching Netflix while piles of laundry and dishes accumulate then doing the bare minimum to survive. Every. Single. Day. No exaggeration. Ask my husband.
Goals for 2016
- Read 35 books. I love to read. Last year I read 29 books. If I don't set this goal then I will more then likely not carve out the much needed time to do it. Also, audio books have become my friend.
- Be in the Word daily. *gasp* A pastor's wife isn't reading her Bible daily?! I'll admit, some days are tough. God's Word is strength for my soul. When I skip my time with Him in the morning it affects my whole day. I started going through Open Your Bible and love it! I highly recommend it. I also plan on going through Seamless and 1 Peter. Do you have any other recommendations of studies I could do this year? What are some of your favorites?
- Get into a cleaning routine using Fly Lady. I used her as a guide pre-third pregnancy and loved the ease of daily quick cleanings. Plus I forget to clean a lot of stuff. Having this schedule to go by is a huge help!
- Build up my side job. Side job you say? My first job is a wife and mother. I LOVE it! My side job is doing something I also love to do and be able to help provide a bit financially for our family. I have quite a bit of goals for this one broke down into monthly/weekly and daily goals. I won't get into much detail about it here and now, but hopefully, in the future you will hear a great deal more! No, it has nothing to do with my essential oils.
- Be able to run a half marathon. Running a marathon has always been a dream of mine. Actually, I take that back. I read Born to Run last year and now I would really like to run an ultra one day, specifically the one in Leadville, Co. One day guys, one day...
- Nurture my soul. "Mothers should cultivate their souls so that in turn they may cultivate the souls of their children." It is so important to take care of ourselves. I'll be seeking out my Fringe Hours for ways to nurture my soul through reading, scrapbooking, running, cooking, crocheting, gardening, quilting and perhaps I'll even find something else I will love to do this year.
- Financially we have many goals too. That's a bit personal for me to want to share here, but we will be following most of Dave Ramsey's plan.
- Stay caught up on my scrapbook. As well as finish all three of the kiddos baby albums. This all seemed daunting until I started using the Project Life App. I scrapbooked six months worth of photos in two days, maybe only 3 hours total. Then I had it all printed out in a nice 8x8 Shutterfly album. It was awesome and I felt like I was on top of the world.
- Blog more. At least a recap of my week and how far off my new years resolution band wagon I have fallen.
- Learn German. Shouldn't I learn Spanish? After all, it is kind of needed here in the US. Although this is true and I think I will try to learn Spanish down the road, it's just so much more intimidating when you yell at people in German.
I am sure there will be more as time goes. For now, this is what I want for my year.
Our little family has adopted a saying for this year.
-How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.-
Seems silly. But, there have been countless times of high stress and being overwhelmed that this little saying helps.
What are some resolutions you have made this year?
The books I have linked from Amazon are affiliated links.